2013/09/11

Pure White Corn ☆

Hi, matee!!
Today I got a rare vegetable. Or perhaps I should say I've never seen such a vegie.

It is a "Pure Whith Corn".

Usually, they harvest corns in July and August. But this white corn is shipped from the end of August till the end of September! I'm a great fan of corns and I have just started to miss the summer, corn season. And found this!!! Wow!!

The grains look so white and shine brightly like pearls! (Exaggerating? Actually they name it a Pearl-Corn! lol) The skins are very thin. Its taste? Yep, creamy and really sweet!! Someone put its sweetness as melon. (I'm wondering about that...hehehe)

I did a little research and found that it's from Hokkaido,northernmost of Japan's 47 prefectures, where the temperature deference is extreme. There're lots of delicious foods there, I would talk about it some other time!

I peeled the cornhusk and wrapped it with a wet papersheet and microwaved it for about 5 minutes. I'm afraid I can't call it "cooking",but I guess it's the best way to enjoy its sweeeetness! :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment